The Development Communications Associate supports the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s communications efforts. Reporting to the Director of Development Communications, the Associate is responsible for developing messaging for the Jewish Federation’s development and marketing teams. The ideal candidate has experience in a multi-faceted fundraising environment, is highly motivated and detail-oriented, has a basic understanding of graphic design, and can balance multiple and fast-paced deadlines.
Major Responsibilities Will Include:
Donor Stewardship and Cultivation Materials
- Write and manage communications for donors, including gift acknowledgements and quarterly leadership messages
- Write and produce major gift proposals, in partnership with Frontline Fundraisers
- Write and produce stewardship reports, philanthropy reports, case statements and other campaign materials for cultivation of major donors
- Prepare specialized reports as needed for high-profile donors
- Write communications materials for affinity (special interest) groups, including event invitations and remarks, program materials, and solicitations.
Special Projects for Volunteer Leadership
- Write reports and messaging for Board of Directors and Board of Trustees
- Write talking points for high-profile events
- Write specialized communications on behalf of CEO, COO and Executive Vice President
- Write copy for all event communications materials
- Write remarks for executives and volunteer leadership at events
Marketing and Social Media Presence
- Write or assist with a minimum of 4 blog posts per month to enhance presence of organization through social media
- Research and develop stories to showcase the Jewish Federation’s impact in the community
- Write and edit content for Jewish Federation-run programs (brochures and program books)
- Write and update departmental communications including newsletters, emails and programming updates
Successful Candidates Will Possess These Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience in writing campaign materials or fundraising
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. All applicants will be asked to submit writing samples.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivated, highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail and a team-oriented approach.
- Ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, and effectively with internal and external constituencies.
- High level of maturity and personal integrity and ability to understand, develop, and sustain relationships with donors, colleagues, and senior management.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated creative thinker who has the ability to collaborate with Development and Marketing team and to strategize plans to engage donors.
- Working knowledge of development software is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in development or communications, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Expertise in InDesign, Adobe and other creative software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
For more information and to apply:
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications, in confidence, to email@example.com
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.
Our Mission: The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.