Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for an Executive Assistant to the Chief Development Officer (CDO).
Major position responsibilities include
- Provides logistical support, compiles meeting materials, attends and prepares presentations and minutes for key meetings and events attended by the CDO. Assists Deputy CDO with key meetings.
- Reviews all incoming mail and email to the CDO and directs as appropriate, including drafting of correspondence
- Initial point of contact with the CDO’s office for internal and external constituencies; decides appropriate course of approach for processing of all matters to the CDO, re-direct to another executive, process on own.
- Calendar management for the CDO and the Deputy CDO.
- Works with members of the development team to arrange for proposals, research and reports on a timely basis.
- Process major gifts and manage prospect and donor lists for CDO, CEO and key Board leadership.
- Schedules and provides necessary administrative support for meetings and events for the CDO including travel arrangements.
- Assists other staff in the executive suite as needed and provides occasional support to the Deputy CDO.
Successful candidates for this position will possess the following skills and experience
- Executive assistant skills with 4-5 years of related executive assistant support experience working specifically with a Chief Development Office or Chief Executive level executives and/or experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with senior managers, directors, donors and other members of the community.
- Superior organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent written communication skills, including proven ability to prepare minutes and draft correspondence.
- Possesses the analytical skills and confidence to make decisions on the go.
- Demonstrated judgment, flexibility and discretion.
- Comfortable working under pressing deadlines.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and to acquire new skills quickly.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with data bases, and, preferably, reporting.
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia philanthropic landscape and an understanding of non-profit fundraising is very helpful.
- Ability to be proactive and anticipate the CDO’s needs.
- Sufficient manual dexterity for operation of PC keyboard and other standard office equipment.
For More Information and to Apply
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications and compensation requirements, in confidence, to HR@jewishphilly.org.