Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia is looking for a GRANTS COORDINATOR to support for grants management and scholarship administration in our Program Operations Department. This position will report directly to the Director, Program Operations. It will support and manage various administrative and financial functions related to grants management and scholarships within the organization. The coordinator interacts with other program staff, our finance staff grantees, and scholarship applicants.
- Ensure transparent processes for the entire grants and scholarship lifecycles, from request to close, including pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring and post-award management.
- Prepare and disburse grants/scholarship correspondence and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Serve as a representative/information resource for grants/scholarship applicants.
- Maintain accurate and current data in the grants and scholarship management systems.
- Set up and monitor grants and scholarship payments and reporting schedule.
- Field questions regarding the grants and scholarship processes.
- Generate grants and scholarship reports as requested.
- Communicate with grantees, applicants and recipients on technical support and compliance-related information.
- Work with Program Operations Director to improve the Jewish Federation’s use of the grants and scholarship management databases.
- Maintain annual grants and scholarship calendars.
- Work collaboratively with other departments in the organization.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and experiences
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a grants management related role, preferably with a non-profit and/or foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Proactive work style, self-motivated, detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, and databases. Experience with Survey Monkey Apply and strong technical competency a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required (in person, via email, and on the telephone); ability to compose effective, thoughtful correspondence.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects while maintaining a firm grasp on individual project details.
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications and compensation requirements, in confidence, to HR@jewishphilly.org.