Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has a summer opening for an intern to work with our Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC). The intern will conduct research into the eighty-year history of the Philadelphia JCRC with the goal of creating eight displays or posters that each depict a decade of JCRC activities.
This internship is a unique opportunity to learn about the JCRC, its role and history in the Greater Philadelphia organized Jewish community. The organization will work with interns to meet the need for college credit, if applicable.
A Jewish Federation intern will
- Utilize various local archives to research the history of the Philadelphia JCRC.
- Read and review annual reports to select highlights in Philadelphia JCRC’s history
- Interview past members of the JCRC staff and board to understand the history of JCRC and its role in Greater Philadelphia
- Work closely with the Jewish Federation graphics department to develop a finished product for JCRC’s 80th anniversary
Successful candidates for this position will possess the following skills, knowledge and abilities
- Proven research skills, including experience using archives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- An interest in local Jewish history
- An interest in or experience in graphic design
- Ability to offer 15 to 20 hours a week (flexible scheduling)
For more information and to apply
Submit resume and a letter of interest to HR@jewishphilly.org.