The Center City Kehillah is a network of 30 organizations representing the diversity of Jewish life in urban Philadelphia. The goals of our Kehillah include:
- Build an interconnected community among local Jewish institutions, facilitating partnerships, collaboration and relationships.
- Plan and execute community-based programming, in cooperation with volunteer committees, to increase cohesion and leverage the power of shared resources.
- Create accessible and inclusive Jewish experiences in the public sphere in order to draw in people who are not connected to our Jewish institutions and create opportunities to showcase the local institutions.
- Serve as a concierge service connecting Jewish individuals to services they are seeking.
The Center City Kehillah is seeking a part-time Kehillah Coordinator to work an average of 10 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends. Salary range is $1040-1250 per month.
Our Kehillah Coordinator will help build relationships and foster collaborative programming with a Jewish theme, in partnership with our talented group of cross-denominational clergy, educators and lay leaders. The Kehillah Coordinator will also maintain an active channel of communication between Jewish Federation and the Center City Jewish community.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented Jewish professional passionate about engaging community members of all ages and denominational affiliations as well as non-affiliated individuals and families. This position is funded through an ongoing grant from the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia.
- Background in community organizing and/or community programming
- Strong organizational, project management, facilitation, budgeting and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relating to people from a wide range of Jewish practices and experiences
- Event planning expertise with events ranging up to 300+ participants
- Proficiency with email, social media marketing techniques, video conferencing platforms and website management. Proficiency with WordPress a plus.
- Deep familiarity with Jewish life in Center City. Live in or around Center City.
- Comfort with Jewish calendar, life-cycle and customs in the Jewish community
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Access to a computer and internet service
- Positive and inclusive attitude<
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Foster a sense of community within the Kehillah and be the “face” of the Jewish community in Center City.
- Meet one on one or establish significant email or phone contact with anyone looking to connect with the local Jewish community.
- Organize and facilitate meetings of Jewish community leadership in Center City, including clergy, education directors, executive directors and lay leaders.
- Work with leadership to identify and execute Kehillah priorities including activities, events and initiatives to engage community members.
- Expand and manage all communication and marketing for the Kehillah and for all Kehillah-related activities, events and initiatives. Marketing efforts may include managing the Kehillah Facebook page, creating and sending the digital newsletter distribution of event materials, managing event registrations and editing and updating the Center City Kehillah’s website.
- Partner with Jewish Federation to support Jewish life within the Kehillah, to bring Jewish Federation programming to Center City and to connect people in Center City with opportunities within the Jewish Federation.
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities for Jewish life in Center City and share those learnings with Jewish Federation and Kehillah partners.
- Track programs and participation, and provide the Jewish Federation’s Grant and Evaluations department with biannual reports on the Kehillah’s activities.
- Manage the budget of the Kehillah in partnership with Kehillah leadership.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We currently have three open Kehillot Coordinator positions and will consider applicants for positions in more than one Kehillah.
Since 1901 the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilized financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world. We are the region’s only organization that mobilizes individuals to care for, enrich, and convene our local and global Jewish community.
Commitment to Diversity
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.