The Kehillah of Northeast Philadelphia seeks to facilitate increased access to Jewish Engagement opportunities and build an inter-connected community throughout Northeast Philadelphia.
- Supporting forms of collaboration that are multi-generational as well as multi-denominational and nondenominational.
- Optimally taking the form of collaborative programming with a Jewish theme.
- Another goal of the Kehillah is to maintain an active channel of communication between Jewish Federation and Jewish communities of the county.
The Kehillah of Northeast Philadelphia is hiring a part-time Kehillah Coordinator. This position is funded by a grant from the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, with Congregations of Shaare Shamayim acting as the Fiscal Sponsor. The Coordinator will work approximately 12 hours per week, including some events on evenings and weekends.
- Background in community organizing and/or community programming
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with social media marketing techniques
- Deep familiarity with Jewish life in Greater Philadelphia and especially Northeast Philadelphia
- Familiarity with Jewish calendar, life-cycle and customs in the Jewish community
- Access to a car, and flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Positive attitude
Responsibilities will include:
- Organize and facilitate meetings of Jewish community leadership within Northeast Philadelphia (including clergy, education directors, executive directors, and lay leaders).
- Work with leadership to determine activities/events/initiatives to engage community members.
- Plan, market and execute activities/events/initiatives in partnership with the Jewish institutions of Northeast Philadelphia.
- Foster a sense of community within the Kehillah and be a “face” of the Jewish community in Northeast Philadelphia.
- Communication efforts/marketing for activities/events/initiatives (could include managing a Facebook page, a digital newsletter, a list-serve, distributing flyers, etc.)
- Partner with Jewish Federation’s Community Engagement department, and share ways that Jewish Federation can support Jewish life within the Kehillah and bring Jewish Federation programming to the county.
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities for Jewish life in the Kehillah and share those learnings with Jewish Federation and your Kehillah partners.
- Work closely with the fiscal sponsor (Congregations of Shaare Shamayim) to manage the expenses of the Kehillah and the administration of the grant from Jewish Federation.
- Provide the Jewish Federation’s Grant and Evaluations department with a biannual report on the Kehillah’s activities.
For More Information and to Apply
- This is a 10-month position from mid-August to mid-June
- Approximately 12 hours/week
- Salary $800-$900/month
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Note: We have three open Kehillot Coordinator positions and will consider applicants for positions in more than one Kehillah.
Since 1901 the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilized financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world. We are the region’s only organization that mobilizes individuals to care for, enrich, and convene our local and global Jewish community.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.