Join Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s Financial Resource Development team to:
- Engage individuals between the ages of 21-45 through fundraising, volunteering, traveling, and networking.
- Identify future leaders in the community and continue to foster an environment that advances Jewish concerns for justice and social change.
- Inspire young adults to become donors and give generously to the Jewish Federation annual campaign.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of young donors and volunteers to cultivate, steward and solicit through multiple giving options, maximizing their contribution to, and experience with, the organization
- Develop, plan, recruit for, and staff the NextGen Leadership Development Program, including developing comprehensive curriculum, managing mentorship program and participant experience, securing speakers and maintaining budget
- Foster connections among different NextGen donor levels by coordinating events, group activities, and peer-to-peer solicitation
- Coordinate engagement for leadership on NextGen Board, to maximize giving to and relationships with the Jewish Federation
- Plan, recruit for, and execute events that engage current and prospective NextGen donors in Jewish Federation programs, including oversight of all NextGen volunteer efforts
- Serve as community liaison to other peer young adult groups and attend programming executed by such groups
- Two to three years of progressive experiences in fundraising, marketing, development or nonprofit management
- Face-to-face solicitation experience
- Comfort with public speaking, both among peers and other age groups
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven event planning experience
- Demonstrated ability to motivate volunteer leadership
- Comfort managing large-scale events and group travel
- Passion for meeting new people and introducing them to the work of the Jewish Federation
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and customs
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends, including Friday nights
- Ability to travel both locally and internationally
- Access to a car
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1901 the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilized financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world. We are the region’s only organization that mobilizes individuals to care for, enrich, and convene our local and global Jewish community.
Commitment to Diversity
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.