Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for a Senior Director of Major Gifts (SDMG). Reporting to the Executive Vice President, this positon provides leadership and direction for Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s Financial Resources Development (FRD) efforts, ensuring attainment of annual campaign, restricted, endowment gifts and other philanthropic objectives. The Senior Director manages a team of 5 to 6 Major Gift Officers and works closely with others throughout the organization.
Major Position Responsibilities Include
- Introduce, design and execute best practices for institutional advancement, donor engagement and increased philanthropic revenue
- Build the pipeline of major gift prospects and expand the community of support around the Jewish Federation’s philanthropic priorities
- Oversee portfolio management for the frontline team and also foster incremental growth in the Jewish Community Fund and overall campaign.
- Manage a personal portfolio of 100-150 prospects
- With the Director of Endowments, work to establish and implement an integrated
- Endowments fundraising plan into all FRD activities
- With the Campaign Director, introduce goal oriented accountability metrics to measure fundraising success of the frontline team and provide a feedback loop to EVP on outcomes of activity
- Provide support for high level engagement for CEO, Board Chair, Campaign Chair and key Volunteer Campaign Leadership
- Focus on individual giving, moves management, major gifts and long term philanthropic investments.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to design and implement stewardship programs for major gift donors
- Serve as a thought leader for campaign activity and ensure individual growth of team members through coaching, mentorship, and making training opportunities available
- The Database Architect will learn all aspects of the Jewish Federation’s business and determine how best to support it using the donor management software. Therefore, candidates with prior experience in fundraising systems are preferred.
- Five to seven years of hands-on experience in programming and application design
- Proven experience with programming in Microsoft SQL
- Server Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services/OLAP (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Visual Studio SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Access
- Ideal candidate will be a Blackbaud developer.
Other Qualifications include
- General and business knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with 8 – 10 years of progressive experiences in development for large, sophisticated nonprofit organizations which rely upon philanthropic sources for funding
- The candidate will have a sophisticated fundraising background with demonstrated success in securing major gifts
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with high level prospective donors, Jewish Federation staff, community volunteers and external vendors
- Proven success cultivating, soliciting and stewarding high level philanthropists
- Experience successfully managing an organization of a minimum of ten employees and is committed to mentoring gift officers and advancing talented professionals in the field
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- In-depth knowledge of the communities served
For More Information and to Apply
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications and compensation requirements, in confidence, to email@example.com
Our Mission: The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s mission is to mobilize financial and volunteer resources to address the community’s most critical priorities in Greater Philadelphia, in Israel and around the world.