Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for a Staff Accountant who will support our Finance Department as part of a progressive team to continue to drive process improvement, clarity, accountability and transparency in financial reporting.
- Prepare various investment/bank reconciliations and report on monthly and/or daily basis.
- Process Positive Pay for disbursement account and decision exceptions on daily basis.
- Develop clear understanding of pension plan and assist participants with their inquiries, calculation requests and paperwork.
- Process imports/journal entries from fundraising software sub ledger to general ledger in accounting system for campaign and Foundation for Jewish Day Schools activity, on daily basis.
- Process journal entries for various distributions from Foundation for Jewish Day Schools cash accounts as needed
- Deposit, code and record cash received daily.
- Prepare billing schedule for agency insurance program as well as related check requests and journals.
- Assist in various areas relating to audit preparation for Pension, and Foundation for Jewish Day Schools.
- Prepare entries relating to payroll deductions.
- Serve as back up for Accounts Payable Coordinator and Campaign Processing Specialist during high volume time, specifically, at campaign year closing.
- Assist Finance Director, Director of Treasury, Assistant Director of General Accounting and Budgets and Assistant Director of Endowments with special projects.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Initiative and willingness to work as part of a team
- Manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, perform daily office operations, and utilize standard office equipment
- Firm grasp of computer technology, including Excel, Adobe, Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Abila MIP software preferred
- A BS in accounting, or comparable work experience
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications and compensation requirements, in confidence, to Jobs@jewishphilly.org.
Since 1901 the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilized financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world. We are the region’s only organization that mobilizes individuals to care for, enrich, and convene our local and global Jewish community. You can learn more at www.jewishphilly.org.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.