Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for a Staff Accountant who will support our Finance Department through researching, reconciling and analyzing accounts and funds and by providing timely records and related entries.
- Prepare various investment/bank reconciliations and report on monthly and/or daily basis.
- Prepare and have an understanding/knowledge of transactions associated with cash flow reporting.
- Process Positive Pay for disbursement account and check exceptions on daily basis.
- Develop clear understanding of pension plan and assist participants with their inquiries, calculation requests and paperwork.
- Process imports/journal entries from fundraising software sub ledger to general ledger in accounting system for campaign activity, on daily basis.
- Deposit, code and record cash received daily.
- Prepare billing schedule for agency insurance program as well as related check requests and journals.
- Prepare campaign related reconciliations of receivables and revenues.
- Assist in various areas relating to audit preparation for Pension, Jewish Federation and Foundation for Jewish Day Schools.
- Assist Budget and General Accounting Manager with month closing.
- Prepare payroll reconciliation.
- Enter operating budget and forecast into accounting system.
- Review accounts payable batches, as needed.
- Serve as back up for Accounts Payable Coordinator and Campaign Processing Specialist during high volume time, specifically, at campaign year closing.
- Assist Controller, Director of Treasury and Finance Managers with special projects.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and experiences
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Initiative and willingness to work as part of a team
- Manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, perform daily office operations, and utilize standard office equipment
- Firm grasp of computer technology, including Excel
- Proficiency in Abila MIP software preferred
- A BA in accounting, or comparable work experience
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a resume and a brief letter detailing your qualifications and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.