Chart your path in our Jewish community. Explore your leadership style and learn how to apply it to communal involvement.
Leadership Development Program (LDP) has a long history of success and recognition in our community as a gateway for individuals to become leaders within the Jewish Federation. Past participants have gone on to be NextGen Board Members and Board Chairs here in Philadelphia, and some have gone on to be leaders of Jewish Federation at a national level through the National Young Leadership Cabinet program, which is an elite leadership-training program that brings together young leaders from around North America to tackle issues facing the global Jewish community. Others have gone on to become leaders in some of the many non-profit organizations that populate the Greater Philadelphia area.
aBOUT THE LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
LDP is comprised of young professionals who meet regularly over the course of six months to learn about the issues facing our Jewish Community and the role the Jewish Federation plays in meeting those needs. LDP participants will work alongside Jewish Federation’s current volunteer and professional leadership to see firsthand how the organization mobilizes the community to help those in need and enrich Jewish life and learning.
Through our group training sessions, participants will visit some of the organizations that the Jewish Federation helps support to learn about their programs and the impact they have on the community. Participants will also take part in fundraising and service events and will learn how the Jewish Federation allocates its resources. The LDP class is also given access to many of the networking and social events that NextGen organizes.
Ready to lead?
Through LDP, you will:
- Explore the issues facing our Jewish community (food insecurity, Jewish education, community engagement in Jewish Philadelphia, Israel and in 70 countries around the world) and the role the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia plays in meeting those needs.
- Acquire skills to manage and maintain your philanthropic endeavors and leadership overall.
- Network and build connections with other group members.
- Be paired with a mentor, who is a leader within the Jewish Federation and shares similar professional and volunteer interests as you.
- Create a group project that addresses and solves an issue in the Jewish community.
- Discover what leadership style and role you would like to take within our organization.
ABOUT LDP 2022
LDP will take place between January and April, 2022 and consist of four sessions as well as participation at Super Sunday. The session dates and times are as follows:
Session 1: Federation 101
Tuesday, January 18, 2022 | 6:15 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Session 2: Campaign 101
Tuesday, February 8, 2022 | 6:15 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Session 3: Telling Your Story & Super Sunday
Sunday, February 27, 2022 | Time: TBA
Session 4: Mini Mission & Mitzvah Project
Sunday, March 20, 2022 | Time: TBA
Session 5: Allocations
Tuesday, April 12, 2022 | 6:15 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
How to apply for LDP 2022
Applications to join the 2022 cohort of NextGen’s Leadership Development Program will open in October 2022.
Participants are asked to join the Ben Gurion Society, which is a $1,000 pledge to the Jewish Federation’s Annual Campaign and includes exclusive opportunities and programs. Participants are also asked for a $100 program fee that helps cover the costs of meals and other expenses specific to the LDP.
Email NextGen Director Max Moline at email@example.com