Celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Jewish State’s founding by experiencing Israel your way!
Join the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia on an exhilarating and meaningful eight-day mission to our Jewish homeland. Personalize your journey by selecting a customized track that speaks to your passions, interests, and how you want to hear, feel, see, smell, and taste Israel.
Whether this will be your tenth time visiting Israel or this is your first journey, this trip will provide travelers with a unique, one-of-a-kind experience tailored to each individual.
- Food, Wine & Culture
- Tech & Business
- People, Places & Politics
May 14-21, 2023
Hilton, Tel Aviv
David Citadel, Jerusalem
*Subject to change
- $5,499 per person in a double room
- $2,080 for single supplement
- $1,000 subsidy is available for participants under 45 years of age
- We ask all Mission participants to consider making a capacity gift to support community needs with a suggested minimum gift to the Jewish Federation of $540 per participant.
- Double room or single room
- 5 star hotels
- VIP transfers at Ben Gurion Airport
- Tour guide and luxury bus
- Most meals
- All activity and entrance fees
- All gratuities and taxes
- Celebrate at an opening party on the roof of the ANU Museum in Tel Aviv (Museum of the Jewish People) with a welcome from Ron Huldai, the Mayor of Tel Aviv.
- Spend a day in our sister cities of Netivot and Sdot Negev. Connect with members of both communities and end the day with a big festival of flavors and cultures.
- Participate in the annual Yom Yerushalayim flag parade in Jerusalem.
- Have a meaningful community Shabbat experience at the Kotel, followed by a spiritual Shabbat dinner overlooking the walls from the rooftop of Beit Shmuel.
- Hear from dignitaries, like Isaac Herzog, President of Israel, or Nachman Shai, Minister of the Diaspora.
- Enjoy a farewell dinner celebration at an army base prior to heading back to Philadelphia.
*Details are subject to change
- Rappel inside the Salt Caves located near the southern side of the Dead Sea and then hike your way out.
- Enjoy a spectacular boat tour of the Dead Sea.
- Drive an ATV through the sand dunes of Ashdod.
- Hike through the Burma Road on the way to Jerusalem on the Israel National Trail.
- Visit the recently constructed Tel Aviv Velodrome and meet with representatives of the Israel Cycling Academy, Israel’s first professional cycling team.
Food, Wine & Culture:
- Visit SodaStream headquarters.
- Indulge in a vineyard tour and wine tasting at an award-winning winery followed by a workshop with Vertigo dance group based in the Ella Valley.
- Visit Latet for a food demo with Chef Meir Adoni and learn how to prepare gourmet meals with the ingredients found in the food boxes that are delivered to those in need.
- Tour and shop at Arugot Organic Wellness, a family boutique of high quality organic cosmetics that employs and supports women in need, in our partnership city of Netivot.
Tech & Business:
- Tour the Tel Aviv stock exchange and meet with executive team members.
- Visit hi-tech accelerator programs for innovative startup companies in the “Startup Nation.”
- Tour Gav-Yam Negev Advanced Technologies Park, the fastest growing hi-tech park, located in Be’er Sheva, and learn about the innovation district in the south of Israel.
- Meet with Israeli entrepreneurs and philanthropists Rony Zarom, Founder of Unistream, and Haim Dahan, Founder of Ofanim.
People, Places & Politics:
- Have intimate conversations with members of the Knesset.
- Learn how SodaStream factory (located outside of the Bedouin city of Rahat) implements inclusive hiring practices and discuss diversity issues in Israel.
- Visit the city of Lod and hear about the experiences of residents from the Israeli-Arab city on the two-year anniversary of Operation Guardian of the Walls.
- Participate in a special briefing on how Israel is handling the pandemic from Professor Nadav Davidovitch, an epidemiologist and chair of Ben Gurion University’s School of Public Health and cabinet member of the national COVID-19 task force.
*Details are subject to change
Thank you to our ISRAEL 75 leadersHIP COMMITTEE
|Israel 75 Mission |
|Israel 75 |
|Jewish Federation |
|Jewish Federation |
President and CEO
|Jessica Katz |
Tamar Silberberg Shiffman
Please know that we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and are working with our partners in Israel to ensure your safety. Your health and the health of others is our top priority. Proof of full vaccination (FDA or EMA approved vaccines) is required. Please visit the Israel’s Ministry of Health website, the CDC website and the U.S. Department of State website for their latest travel policies.
For more information
Ready to experience Israel your way? Let us know you are interested in the Jewish Federation’s Israel 75 Mission and be the first to find out when applications open by clicking here.
More information is coming soon. For questions, please contact Arielle Shemesh, Missions and Travel Manager, at email@example.com or 215.832.0629.