Chester County’s annual festival celebrates the richness, complexity and diversity of Jewish experiences as presented through film and is dedicated to screening Jewish short films and videos in all genres. Every short film is intended to engage, educate, and inspire the community as we explore the full spectrum of Jewish life, values, and culture. This year, all film narratives have a central Israeli connection in celebration of Israel’s 75th anniversary.
This event has been generousely sponsored by Jon Liss and is in partnership with the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s Chester County Kehillah, ISRAEL21c, Reads & Company, and 70 Faces Media.
Date & Time:
Wednesdays: August 9 and 16
The Colonial Theatre
227 Bridge Street. Phoenixville, PA 19460
$10 per person per night
If the cost poses any financial barriers and you are unable to pay for the festival, please contact Shelley Rappaport at email@example.com. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- All films on Wednesday, August 9 are about or by Israeli actor and writer Etgar Keret, known for his short stories, graphic novels, and scriptwriting for film and television.
- All films on Wednesday, August 16 feature the variety, flavors and colors of Israeli cuisine.
- Guests are invited to bring grocery store gift cards that will be distributed to those who need assitance for the High Holidays by the Mitzvah Food Pantry. Suggested stores are Giant, Acme, Shoprite, Aldi or Save-A-Lot.
- For those who need, there will be a masked only section available.
- Please review the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s COVID-19 Safety Protocols, Code of Conduct, and Photo, Audio and Video Notice and Release.
- As we continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19 and its variants, details and safety protocols for this event may change.
- For more information about this event or Chester County Kehillah, please contact Shelley Rappaport at firstname.lastname@example.org.