The Israel Engagement Grants for 2017-2018 will be awarded to organizations that plan creative and innovative programs for Israel@70, our year-long communal celebration of Israel’s 70th birthday. Do you have an idea for a program that your organization could take the lead on, and that would be open to the whole community? We want to hear from you.
The Israel@70 planning process is taking place now, and we encourage representatives of organizations to get involved. Camp professionals, youth educators, “friends of” organizations, political organizations and others are welcome to join these conversations. To find out more, contact Addie Lewis Klein, Director, Community Engagement, 215.832.0828 or email@example.com.
Applying for an Israel Engagement Grant
- The grant process is open to synagogues and other organizations in the Greater Philadelphia region: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties.
- You can request a grant of up to $5,000.
- Requests must come from a 501(c)(3) organization or an individual or organization that has fiscal sponsorship from a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Programs should be open to the larger community.
- Collaborative projects are welcome.
- A project can be an individual event or part of a larger series or initiative.
- Funds may not be used for general operating support.
All applications should include:
- Contact name, title, organization name and address, phone number, and email address.
- A brief description of your organization, including mission statement, staff and board lists and link to website, if applicable.
- Budget breakdown
- Letter indicating 501(c)(3) status or 501(c)(3) letter from fiscal sponsor.
- A concise description of your proposed program, including
- Statement of need
- Brief outline of program activities
- Target audience
- What makes your program creative and engaging
- How your program promotes Israeli culture in the Greater Philadelphia community
- Names of all partners or collaborators (including fiscal sponsor, if applicable)
- Amount and purpose of grant request