Do you want to make an impact and build connections within your community? Passionate about the next generation and women’s empowerment? Consider yourself a real schmoozer? If your answer is yes, then you should apply for the Development Associate position at the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia.
We are seeking an experienced Development Associate to work with the NextGen affinity group for 20s, 30s, and 40s and the Women’s Philanthropy affinity group for women of all ages. In this role, you will be on the frontlines of building and sustaining relationships within the community, and connecting people to the vital work of the Jewish Federation through cultivation, stewardship and solicitation.
As a valued team member of our organization, you will have opportunities for career development and growth as well as travel experiences to see our work in action domestically and overseas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage strong relationships with a pool of prospective and current donors within NextGen and Women’s Philanthropy through face to face solicitations, events, and more.
- Plan various events and engagement opportunities of all sizes to attract and cultivate donors
- Strategize with colleagues on best practices to increase giving and support the organization’s campaign
- Oversee participant experiences through Leadership Development Programs
- Assist with all aspects of the planning and/or staffing of 1-2 domestic and/or international missions per year
- Utilize existing community relationships to identify potential Women’s Philanthropy and NextGen donors
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time at Jewish Federation’s The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time at Jewish Federation’s discretion.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in development, nonprofit management, or transferable skills.
- Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of face-to-face solicitation experience, with a proven track record of raising funds and meeting goals. Must be comfortable soliciting four- and five-figure gifts.
- Passion for meeting new people and introducing them to the work of the Jewish Federation
- Professional experience working with committees and volunteers
- Comfort managing large-scale events and group travel
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture and customs, with the ability to speak with donors about Judaism and Jewish values.
- Ability to work evenings as needed and occasional weekends, including Friday nights
- A valid driver’s license, with a comfort level of driving
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Submit a resume and a letter detailing your qualifications and compensation requirements, in confidence, to email@example.com.
Since 1901 the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilized financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world. We are the region’s only organization that mobilizes individuals to care for, enrich, and convene our local and global Jewish community.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.