Eager to channel your talent for digital copywriting and passion for the Jewish community into a fulfilling full-time job? If you’re a creative, motivated professional ready to be an essential member of the Jewish Federation’s dynamic Marketing, Communications and Event team, keep reading!
The digital marketing associate is a key driver of this work; responsible for collaborating with colleagues across the department and organization to enhance Jewish Federation’s digital presence across all its platforms (website, social media, and e-communications).
in this role, you will:
- leverage your keen understanding of Jewish Federation’s brand to develop engaging online content for a variety of platforms and audiences
- serve as the voice of Jewish Federation’s presence on multiple social media channels developing content and posting it
- produce polished, effective email and digital marketing campaigns for events, fundraising efforts and community engagement programs
- develop digital marketing plan/strategies that overlay non-digital marketing channels to seamlessly integrate the orgs message across all platforms of messaging
Across all projects, your successful efforts will grab—and hold—the attention of key stakeholders, including donors, lay leaders, and Jewish communal professionals.
Leading candidates will have a proven ability to create engaging content across multiple platforms, with a background in online content development, copywriting, and/or digital marketing.
Roles and responsibilities
- Partner with Jewish Federation’s internal team members to concept and implement multi-channel content and marketing materials, including copywriting and email design, website content/blog posts, and social media posts and ads
- Maintain and regularly update Federation’s website
- Work with graphic design team to develop eye-catching static, GIF, and video content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, jewishphilly.org, email, and other digital/social media platforms
- Support the development and production of weekly email newsletters
- Create and distribute digital marketing toolkits for internal and external partners as needed
- Manage and disseminate the results of digital marketing and advertising campaigns, pivoting as needed to ensure successful outcomes
- Oversee website transactions including event registrations, donation pages, etc.
- Maintain Jewish Federation website – keeping it updated, interesting, and relevant
- Lead a website redevelopment effort (at some point) enhancing the product to increase useability and traffic
- Collaborate as part of cross-functional teams on fundraising and marketing campaigns, including efforts focused on the Annual Campaign, special campaigns, and Jewish holidays
Background, Qualifications, and Success Factors
- 2-3 years’ work experience in digital marketing or social media management
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proactive, efficient, and able to multi-task
- Portfolio of engaging, original content developed for digital and social media, including videos, emails, Instagram Stories, and more
- Ability to translate data into compelling messaging
- Experience/familiarity with email marketing software such as Hubspot
- Comfortable with or willing to learn data segmentation to target email and/or social media campaigns to specific audiences
- Working knowledge of HTML a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Familiarity with and ability to infuse Jewish culture, values, traditions, and history into your work
- Desire to contribute in a meaningful way to a growing, thriving non-profit
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a marketing, communications, or related field
if this is the right fit for you, let’s connect!
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (highlight your social media portfolio, your best email campaign, or any other sample that showcases your creative voice and style), in confidence, to email@example.com using the subject line: Digital Marketing Associate.
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.