The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia seeks a passionate and self-motivated communicator to be our Donor Communications Manager. This work is critical to communicating the Jewish Federation’s vision, mission and impact to our key stakeholders.
The Donor Communications & Reporting Manager is an experienced writer and proven communications professional. In this role, you will contribute to and implement strategy that nurtures established, successful relationships between The Jewish Federation and its donors. As part of a talented team, you will research, write, and produce compelling stewardship reports, acknowledgements, updates, and more for those who invest their resources to drive our mission forward.
The Manager’s primary responsibilities are to envision, develop, and execute creative, compelling communications that engage donors and motivate philanthropic support for Federation; and to report the results of the Jewish Federation’s work. Your goal will be ensuring that every donor knows and appreciates the full impact of their gift.
The Manager must be an excellent communicator, researcher, and problem-solver, with the resourcefulness and perspective to draft clear and consistent messages for a variety of audiences. You will leverage your demonstrated storytelling capabilities to translate complex metrics and ideas into persuasive communications.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization, including in Financial Resources Development (FRD), Programs, and Strategy & Impact, to develop donor communications plans; and assist in identifying how and when to communicate for best results
- Produce original materials for donors that communicate opportunities for and impact of giving to Jewish Federation, including but not limited to digital and print collateral, individualized and general cases for giving, annual reports, impact reports, various e-comms updates to stakeholders, quarterly leadership messages, Jewish Exponent highlighting the impact of our work, and acknowledgements
- Write communications materials for giving societies including event invitations and remarks, impact reports and solicitations.
- Write integrated campaign messaging for Community Campaign, our campaign for gifts under $1,000
- Manage the Donor Stewardship and Communication plan implementation each quarter and measure its impact to ensure that the strategies deliver meaningful impact to the audiences
- Oversee and customize the acknowledgements process for high-level donors ($25k+ and Board of Directors and Trustees members) on a weekly basis.
- Work with colleagues to establish performance metrics for quality and impact of events and stewardship activities
- Collaborate with development and program staff to create effective proposals and impact reports
- Maintain database of proposals and reports, along with hard copy files
- Oversee creative and production processes and timelines for concurrent projects
- Integrate Jewish Federation messaging and branding across online and offline materials
- Serve as a strategic thought-leader for Federation’s marketing initiatives
- Assist at Federation events as needed. Events may occur in the evening or on weekends.
- Assist fellow team members with projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS and Success Factors
- The ability to develop compelling framing and collateral to support fundraising and impact
- Minimum of 3-5 years marketing, communications, or related professional experience; Experience in non-profit, Jewish communal work helpful
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communications skills with strong knowledge of AP writing-style
- Demonstrable success in building and cultivating trusted relationships; ability to work effectively, respectfully and collaboratively on a team, within and across departments, and at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing project plans and timelines
- Working knowledge of design and graphics, including production requirements for print and electronic applications preferred
- Maintained awareness of customer preferences, competitive environment and industry trends to ensure organization is optimally positioned in content, voice, and messaging
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task, working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to infuse Jewish culture, values, traditions and history into your work
- Desire to contribute in a meaningful way to a growing non-profit
- This job requires in person work at our center city Philadelphia office 3 days/week and allows for remote work 2 days/week.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced education and/or experience in marketing, communications, or related field preferred
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications, in confidence, to email@example.com
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.