The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia seeks a dynamic, driven, and passionate professional for the Missions Manager. The Missions Manger is an integral part of the Federation’s development team that will work across the organization to plan and implement opportunities to see the impact of Jewish Federation’s work both locally and abroad with a special emphasis on Israel.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Work with development staff & volunteer leadership to produce meaningful missions
- Ensure that pre and post mission fundraising strategies and relationship management systems are in place
- Manage special projects and fundraising initiatives related to Missions and Missions alumni
- Build and strengthen mission alumni affinities through pre and post mission activities and communication and connect alumni to giving opportunities
- Organize and attend parlor meetings to engage and recruit participants, as well as to prepare participant for missions
- Manage fundraising and relationship management for Birthright Israel
- Work with VIP’s and community members to facilitate exclusive access for personal Israel travel
- Staff Jewish Federation’s Missions Committee
- Prepare and monitor budgets
QUALIFICATIONS and Success Factors
- In depth knowledge of Israeli geography, tourism and history
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in sophisticated nonprofit organizations or travel industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with high level donors, Jewish Federation staff, community volunteers and external vendors
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- High levels of motivation and creativity
- National and international travel will be required. Must have a valid passport.
- General and business knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a hybrid work schedule, medical, dental, vision, prescription drug program, life insurance, generous paid time off and 403 retirement savings program.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.