Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for a Senior Staff Accountant in the Finance Department as part of a progressive team to continue to drive process improvement, clarity, accountability, and transparency in financial reporting.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Process data imports/journal entries from fundraising software sub ledger to general ledger for campaign Foundation for Jewish Day Schools activity, on daily basis. Review and report discrepancies.
- Review specific entries and post of journal entries, as instructed to ensure proper segregation of duties and internal control
- Support annual financial statement audit and IRS Form 990 preparation for all entities; tracking and monitoring requests from other departments, interacting with auditors including preparing and presenting audit schedules for review.
- Prepare campaign related reconciliations of receivables and revenues and produce reports on collections progress and pledge accounts receivable
- Assist Assistant Director Budget and General Accounting with month closing and support development of monthly dashboard and key performance indicators
- Participate in and provide support for all data automation projects, process improvements and process streamlining. Make recommendations, as appropriate
- Support data collection for annual budget preparation, participate in budget review meetings, enter the budget and forecast into the accounting system
- Serve as back up for Accounts Payable Coordinator and Campaign Processing Specialist during high volume time, specifically, at campaign year closing
- Work closely with the Finance Leadership Team to learn and perform tasks and processes to support their workload
- Prepare and submit annual government census requirements
- Assist Assistant Director, Finance, Director of Treasury, Assistant Director Budgets and General Accounting and Assistant Director of Endowments with special projects
- Serve as backup relating to endowment and other investment and bank reconciliations
QUALIFICATIONS and Job requirements
- Manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, perform daily office operations, and utilize standard office equipment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Initiative and willingness to work as part of a team
- Firm grasp of business software, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe and PowerPoint
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Proficiency in Abila MIP software preferred
- A BS in accounting, or comparable work experience
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.