Please see below for frequently asked questions about the Women’s Mission to Mexico City. To return to the main Women’s Philanthropy Mission page, click here.
The trip is from May 2-6 (this includes travel)
Each participant is responsible for making their own flight arrangements. We recommend that you make your flight arrangements through our flight concierge service, Luis Sole with Frosch Travel at email@example.com.
Below are the recommended flights. Please know that they are optional, not required. Programming begins at
NEWARK, NJ TO MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
Flight: United 2251
Departing: Newark, Thursday, May 2 at 10:31 a.m.
Arriving: Mexico City, Thursday, May 2 at 1:50 p.m. [5 hrs 19 mins]
MEXICO CITY, MEXICO TO NEWARK, NJ
Flight: United 2252
Departing: Mexico City, Monday, May 6 at 12:45 p.m.
Arriving: Newark, Monday, May 6 at 7:52 p.m. [5 hrs and 7 mins]
The safety of our mission participants is of the utmost importance. We are in coordination with the Jewish Federations of North America’s security team. We will have a full-time security personnel on the mission.
Cost (land only):
- $4,000 – Double Occupancy
- $1,140 – Single Subsidy
- 5 star hotel
- Most meals
- All entrance and processing fees
- Half of the deposit, including a $500 non-refundable payment, is to be paid upon the participant’s registration for the Mission. Payment of this deposit will be required to secure an individual’s place and participation in the Mission.
- A payment of the remaining balance for the Mission’s programming fee is due by February 1, 2024. You will need to fill out a separate form that will be emailed to you to pay the remaining balance.
- Mission participants are strongly encouraged to purchase, at their expense, the level of travel insurance they feel comfortable buying.
- On or before January 31, 2024: receive full reimbursement with the exception of the $500 non-refundable deposit made during registration.
- After February 1, 2024 and on or before April 1, 2024: receive a 50% refund with the exception of the $500 non-refundable deposit made during registration.
- On or after April 2, 2024: No refunds
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing by emailing Erica N. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org and Doreen Bason at email@example.com
You can pay your remaining balance by clicking here.
Please know that your remaining balance is due by February 1, 2024.
Mission participants are asked to make a minimum contribution of $1,800 to the Jewish Federation’s 2024 Annual Campaign.
Please know that we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Your health and the health of others is our top priority. You must be fully vaccinated to attend this mission. Please visit the CDC website and the U.S. Department of State website for their latest travel policies and alerts.
In the event of cancellation of the mission due to unforeseen circumstances as it relates to COVID-19, fees paid towards registration and prepaid other fees will be refunded to the extent we receive refunds from our vendors and suppliers.
To ensure travel peace of mind, we strongly encourage mission participants to purchase travel insurance. While we will do our best to secure refunds from any vendor who has been paid, we cannot guarantee the amount that will be returned. Please refer to the question below “Is trip insurance required?” for more information.
Registration for the mission will open November 16. You can register for the mission by clicking here.
Trip insurance is strongly suggested.
Please consider purchasing coverage in the event that the mission is canceled for unforeseen reasons. The Jewish Federation would only cancel the mission in the event of extraordinary circumstances.
Mission participants are encouraged to purchase the level of travel insurance and insurance for airfare that they feel will comfortably provide them with peace of mind when traveling.
Here are some trip insurance companies that we are aware of:
You will receive an email from Doreen Bason (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a Virtru link, which we require you to use to protect your sensitive and confidential personally identifiable information (PII). The Virtru link will take you to a secure portal for you to provide the following required sensitive information for this mission:
- date of birth
- passport number
- passport issue date
- passport expiration date
- passport photo
You can also provide your global entry or trusted traveler number, if you have one.
Once you open the Virtru link, you will validate your email address. Please ensure that any sensitive information you input and upload are in the “encrypted message” and “files” section that is located beneath the text that says “all text and files below this line will be encrypted.”
There is an unencrypted section, located at the top of the form, where you can add a message to Doreen Bason, explaining that your mission documents are included in the secure section.
We ask that you do not customize any of the security settings. Once you have included all of the necessary information, click “share” to send the information to Doreen Bason.
If you have any questions, please contact Doreen Bason at email@example.com.
Please see below for an example: