Current Opportunities: JFRE (Jewish Federation Real Estate) Fund Grant
Goal: To make significant contributions towards a tangible and enduring capital need aligned with the Jewish Federation’s priorities.
- Approximately $200,000 is available for grants this year.
- Grants will be awarded to community organizations in Greater Philadelphia (i.e. Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties). Applications from Israel are by invitation only.
- All grantees must use funds only as detailed in the grant agreement. In addition, at the completion of the project all grantees must submit an actual budget and substantiating documentation.
- Grantees will be notified in early June about funding decisions.
- Jewish life and learning, social responsibility and security projects will be prioritized.
- Projects where JFRE funds will be “last dollars in” will also be prioritized.
- Funds can be used to support capital projects that allow for a new acquisition, new construction, a substantial expansion, or rehabilitation of an existing service/construction or the replacement or renovation of a deteriorated capital asset. Equipment and adaptations related to COVID19 are also encouraged.
- The grant amounts will range between $5,000 and $50,000 for a one-year grant; however, larger grants are possible.
- Projects should enhance the quality of community life, link the community with its heritage, contribute to usable community infrastructure, or serve as a resource for children, youth, and adults.
- Organizational Overview
- Scope of Work
- Goals and Measurements
- Architectural Drawings, if applicable
- April 9, RFP Announcement and application opens on SurveyMonkey
- April 26 application closes
- April 30 – May 13 JFRE Grants Committee meets to review applications, ask follow up questions
- May 14 – May 28 JFRE Executive Committee meeting and approves grants
- June 4 – Award letters are sent
- June 11 – 18 – Grant payments sent
For questions please email email@example.com