OPTIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Convene your Security Committee; appoint a High Holiday Security manager; discuss current plans, procedures and proposed security plan.
- Conduct a security survey of your facility and neighboring area.
- Request a meeting between the Security Committee and local law enforcement; review and discuss the High Holiday schedule; request support from law enforcement, including increased patrols and presence.
- Determine your security program for the High Holidays, making appropriate changes to the policies already in place, any maintenance/repairs needed, and/or facility enhancements.
- Implement access control measures.
- Review emergency response procedures to include lockdowns and evacuations.
- Encourage clergy to make a safety and situational awareness announcement at the beginning of services, including pointing out such things as emergency exits.