Travel to Atlanta, Georgia as well as Montgomery, Selma and Birmingham, Alabama to better understand the movements that paved the way for our efforts to help build a just and equitable world.
The Jewish Federation’s Jewish Community Relations Council, ADL Philadelphia, and AJC Philadelphia/Southern New Jersey invite you on a three-day journey through the history of the civil rights movement. Learn more about the leaders who fought against discrimination and injustice and the events that helped shape our nation.
Julie & Alan Gubernick
Betsy & Bob Fiebach
- Experience a Sunday service at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic Ebenezer Baptist Church
- Tour the Rosa Parks Museum, and learn about the many the leaders behind the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the movement in Selma
- Visit the National Memorial for Peace & Justice, the first national memorial for victims of lynching
- Hear the story of Leo Frank, a Jewish man who was falsely convicted of murder and lynched in 1915
- Meet and walk with Joanne Bland, a participant in the infamous 1965 “Bloody Sunday” voting rights march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge
- Take a guided walking tour of Freedom Park with a Reverend and a Civil Rights leader in Birmingham during the 50s & 60s
September 17 – 20, 2022
This mission officially begins on Sunday, September 18 at 8:00 a.m. Please plan to arrive at the Atlanta Airport Marriott hotel by this time.
Accommodations for the night of Saturday, September 17 at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Hotel are included in the cost. There will be no programming or meals provided on the night of Saturday, September 17.
Cost (LAND only)
$1,800 per person in a double room
$2,100 per person in a single room
- Double or single private room
- Tour guide and luxury bus
- Most meals
- Activity and entrance fees
- All gratuities and taxes
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Renaissance Downtown Montgomery
Hilton UAB Downtown
Please know that we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Your health and the health of others is our top priority. You must be fully vaccinated to attend this Mission. You will be asked to upload your vaccination card during registration.
Please visit the CDC website at jewishphilly.org/cdctravel for their latest
- On or before June 12, 2022: 100% refund
- Between June 13, 2022 and August 13, 2022: Amount paid refunded minus $500 cancellation fee.
- On or after August 14, 2022: No refunds
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing by emailing Erica N. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org and Doreen Bason at email@example.com
- In the event of cancellation of the Mission due to unforeseen circumstances, fees paid towards registration and prepaid other fees will be refunded to the extent we receive refunds from our vendors and suppliers.
We hope that participants will become or remain involved in the the Jewish Federation’s Jewish Community Relations Council, ADL Philadelphia, and AJC Philadelphia/Southern New Jersey.
If you have any questions about this travel experience, please contact:
- Robin Schatz, Director, Government Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.832.0654
- Erica N. Miller, Missions Manager, about travel logistics at email@example.com or 215.832.0629
*Details subject to change