The Staff Accountant will support the functions within the Finance Department through researching, reconciling and analyzing accounts and funds and by providing timely records and related entries. The position supports endowment related entries as well as the Foundation for Jewish Day Schools.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Prepare daily deposits of endowment, philanthropic, and Foundation for Jewish Day Schools contribution checks.
- Enter to RenPSG website all endowment and philanthropic fund contributions and communicate to RenPSG said contributions, including maintenance of spreadsheet logs for daily contributions by asset pool to facilitate in invest instruction review.
- Maintenance and archiving of respective backup required for each contribution entry for inclusion in the respective investment reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of monthly endowment contribution report.
- Reconcile endowment exchange account and request wire transfers from operating account into the Wells Fargo Endowment Deposit account and record the respective entries in general ledger. Record contributions in RenPSG DFX report online.
- Review against the spend rate file and deliver check requisitions from endowment funds to RenPSG. This includes ensuring check requisition includes proper grant id, fund code and other pertinent information. Documents are then maintained and archived for support for the respective grant divestments.
- Review on a weekly basis grant distributions from endowed and donor advised funds.
- Review divestment instructions for accuracy and save in the Investment folder on J drive.
- Prepare various investment bank accounts reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Review and submit tax forms for CGAs, CRATs and CRUTs on an annual basis.
- Process monthly/quarterly interest checks on Israel Bonds: analyze, breakdown and apply to appropriate funds.
- Process journal entries for various activities for the Foundation for Jewish Day Schools accounts as needed.
- Reconcile on a monthly basis the Foundation for Jewish Day Schools bank accounts which includes compiling the relevant supporting documentation.
- Assist in various areas relating to audit preparation for endowment accounting and Foundation for Jewish Day Schools.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Initiative and willingness to work as part of a team
- Firm grasp of business software, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe and PowerPoint
Education AND TRAINING requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Proficiency in automated financial information systems required, Abila MIP software or similar program preferred
- A BS in finance or accounting
If this is the right fit for you, let’s connect!
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter, detailing your qualifications and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.