Delve into American history with Women’s Philanthropy, Women of Vision and socially conscious women from Philadelphia on this three-day trip to Atlanta, Georgia as well as Montgomery, Selma and Birmingham, Alabama. Join us for an exploration of the historic struggle that helped shape our nation. Please register by Thursday, February 24 at noon.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- Experience a Sunday service at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic Ebenezer Baptist Church
- Tour the Rosa Parks Museum, and learn about the many women leaders behind the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the movement in Selma
- Visit the National Memorial for Peace & Justice, the first national memorial for victims of lynching
- Hear the story of Leo Frank, a Jewish man who was falsely convicted of murder and lynched in 1915
- Meet and walk with Joanne Bland, a participant in the infamous 1965 “Bloody Sunday” voting rights march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge
- Take a guided walking tour of Freedom Park with a Reverend and a Civil Rights leader in Birmingham during the 50s & 60s
May 14-17, 2022
The programming of the Mission officially begins on Sunday, May 15 at 8:00 a.m. Please plan to meet the group at the Atlanta Airport Marriott hotel at this time.
Accommodations for the night of Saturday, May 14 at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Hotel are included in the cost.
Cost (Land only)
$1,500 per person in a double room
$1,800 per person in a single room
- Double or single private room
- Tour guide and luxury bus
- Most meals
- Activity and entrance fees
- All gratuities and taxes
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Renaissance Downtown Montgomery
Hilton UAB Downtown
Please know that we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Your health and the health of others is our top priority. You must be fully vaccinated to attend this Mission. You will be asked to upload your vaccination card during registration.
- Cancellations made by February 13, 2022 will receive full reimbursement.
- Cancellations made between February 14, 2022 and March 14, 2022 will receive reimbursement less a $500 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made on or after March 15, 2022 will not receive a refund.
- In the event of cancellation of the Mission due to unforeseen circumstances, fees paid towards registration and prepaid other fees will be refunded to the extent we receive refunds from our vendors and suppliers.
Attendees are expected to make a meaningful pledge to Jewish Federation’s 2022 Annual Campaign, or become a member of Women of Vision or reinvest in the WOV Endowment Fund. We hope that all participants will remain involved with Women’s Philanthropy and/or Women of Vision upon return from the trip.
If you have any questions about this travel experience, please contact:
- Lindsay Davidman, Director, Women’s Philanthropy at email@example.com or 215.832.0502
- Shara Swift, Affinities & Donor Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.832.0841
- Arielle Shemesh, Missions and Travel Manager, about travel logistics at email@example.com or 215.832.0629.
*Details subject to change