Join Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s team as a pivotal part of the Marketing and Communications department.
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia is looking for a creative and collaborative designer who will see projects through from concept to launch. You will be hands-on creating key design work both independently and in collaboration with the Marketing team. Your responsibilities will include determining creative requirements, extending design concepts to print and web, presenting design deliverables and iterating to perfection. Before a project launches you will also ensure that everything is pixel perfect.
We’re looking for someone with a broad skill set that is comfortable speaking up and contributing to all phases of the project lifecycle. You are fast and flexible, efficient and organized, highly skilled, confident, and curious. You are aware of what’s new in design as well as what’s changing, and are eager to incorporate innovations. You turn out exceptional work in days, not weeks, and are able to jump in on a project at any point in its life cycle.
The position offers great opportunities for growth and exposure to a wide range of challenging, inspiring work. You’ll be joining a great, dynamic team keen on innovation and open to strong visual solutions.
For consideration, please submit resume, cover letter and portfolio.
Successful candidates for this position will have the following skills, abilities and experiences
- Two to three years of strong, hands-on design experience with a portfolio
- Design marketing materials including flyers, brochures, invitations, reports and online graphics
- Solid experience working within a brand in collaboration with account managers and creative direction
- Strong design sensibility and careful attention to detail, with a demonstrated talent for typography, scale, color and composition
- Ability to translate concepts and strategies to print and web, establishing a design language and its extensions
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in different mediums at one time.
- Expert command of the latest versions of the Adobe Creative Suite
- In-depth knowledge of the production process for print and online
- Obtain quotes for print jobs from vendors
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate and present design work as well as understand, interpret and apply feedback
- Comfortable working both as part of a team as well as independently, self-managing across multiple, simultaneous projects and prioritizing work effectively
- Proactive and agile with the proven ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality results in scope and on time
- Four-year degree required with a Fine or Graphic Arts degree preferred
For More Information and to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send a resume and portfolio samples or link as well as a brief letter detailing your qualifications and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be considered if portfolio samples are made available. Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, Rx, dental, disability and life insurance, generous vacation time and a 403b retirement savings program.
Since 1901 the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilized financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world. We are the region’s only organization that mobilizes individuals to care for, enrich, and convene our local and global Jewish community.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.