Due to incredible interest in this event, we have met capacity and have closed registration. For security purposes, we will not be accepting walk-ins.
The Pittsburgh Jewish community’s response to the tragic massacre in 2018 offers profound lessons on safety and security for the Jewish community that have become even more critical in the wake of the October 7 Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel and the rising tide of threats and incidents against Jews across North America.
Join us for a film screening of HBO’s “A Tree of Life: The Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting,” hosted by the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia in partnership with HBO and the Secure Community Network.
Following the screening, there will be a panel discussion of survivors and experts.
This event is free to the public. Seats are limited and seating location is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Date & Time:
Wednesday, February 21
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Landmark’s Ritz Five
214 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The film will start promptly at 6:30 p.m. Please plan on arriving early to check in by showing the e-ticket that will be emailed to you after registering and to find your seats before the movie begins.
- Advance registration is required. For security purposes, we are not able to accept walk-ins.
- We kindly ask all adults to show their government issued photo IDs at check in.
- Bags are subject to search.
- By attending this event, you agree to the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s Terms and Conditions.
- For questions, please contact events at email@example.com or 215.832.0534.
This event is hosted by the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, the Secure Community Network in partnership with HBO.
Thank you to the following community congregations and organizations for being official Supporters of this event.
- Adath Israel
- Aish Chaim
- AJC Philadelphia/Southern New Jersey
- Americans for Ben-Gurion University
- Anti-Defamation League Philadelphia
- Beth Sholom Congregation
- Beth Tikvah B’nai Jeshurun
- Congregation Beth Am Israel
- Congregation Beth Israel of Media
- Congregation Brothers of Israel
- Congregation Kol Emet
- Congregation Leyv Ha-Ir
- Congregation Or Ami
- Congregation Rodeph Shalom
- Congregations of Shaare Shamayim
- Congregation Tifereth Israel
- Germantown Jewish Centre
- Gratz College
- Hadassah Greater Philadelphia
- Har Zion Temple
- Historic Congregation Kesher Israel
- Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
- Jewish Exponent
- Jewish Learning Venture
- Mishkan Shalom
- Neshama Hadassah
- Philadelphia Jewish Film and Media
- Reform Congregation Keneseth Israel
- Shir Ami Congregation
- Temple Beth Hillel – Beth El
- Temple Beth Zion Beth Israel
- Temple Brith Achim
- Weitzman National Museum of American Jewish History