BuxMont is a beautiful corner of Philadelphia’s northwest suburbs, where Jewish life and learning thrives
Central Montgomery County—including the Townships of Whitpain, Whitemarsh, Upper Dublin, Lower Gwynedd, Horsham and the town of Ambler—is home to 14 percent of the Jewish population of Greater Philadelphia. According to the Jewish Federation’s 2019 Jewish population study, Buxmont is home to more than 27,000 Jewish households comprised of over 52,000 individuals. With multiple synagogue options across the denominational spectrum and some of the best public and private schools in the area, this corner of the northwestern Philadelphia suburbs is the perfect place for young Jewish families to settle.
In addition to these institutions, our community boasts a high percentage of youth attending Jewish summer camps and Hebrew school. And, as a multigenerational community, we are proud to host a state-of-the-art senior living facility, The Horsham Center for Jewish Life.
About the Kehillah of Buxmont
The Kehillah of Buxmont features a vibrant coalition of professional and volunteer leaders who come together throughout the year to collaborate on programs and events, and to share successes and challenges as we continue to engage our growing Jewish community.
For more information about our Kehillah’s programs, events and our institutions, contact Nomi Shapiro, Kehillah of Buxmont Coordinator, at email@example.com
Kehillah kolot: community voices
“Kehillah Kolot: Community Voices Across Buxmont” is a new podcast, featuring conversations with local clergy and educators around the themes and Torah teachings of the Jewish calendar. New podcast episodes are launched each Rosh Chodesh.
See below and click to listen to past podcasts:
- Kehillah Kolot #1: Month of Iyar
- Listen to Rabbi Danielle Parmenter and Rabbi Jason Bonder discuss the spiritual significance of the counting of the Omer, the period between Pesach and Shavuot.
- Kehillah Kolot #2: Month of Sivan
- Hear Hazzan Unger and Rabbi Hollander teach, sing and share songs and lessons about the holiday of Shavuot.
Looking to volunteer with the Kehillah of Buxmont? We have a number of opportunities in the Buxmont area, including a need for volunteers at the Horsham Center for Jewish Life. For more information, contact Nomi Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org
BUXMONT KEHILLAH SYNAGOGUES AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Beth Tikvah-B’nai Jeshurun
- Boy Scout Troop 665
- Chabad of Lafayette Hill
- Congregation Beth Or
- Darchei Noam
- The Horsham Center For Jewish Life (Formerly the Abramson Center for Jewish Life)
- Jewish Professionals of Suburban Philadelphia
- Lubavitch of Montgomery County
- Or Ami
- Or Hadash: A Reconstructionist Congregation
- Temple Sinai
- Tiferet Bet Israel