Lower Merion is one of the oldest townships outside Philadelphia. Located in Montgomery County, this community of beautiful residential homes, apartments and bustling business districts is the heart of the historic Main Line.
In Lower Merion, you can find everything within an easy commute (including Center City, Philadelphia’s downtown). Jewish life is especially vibrant with over 13,000 Jewish households, congregations and minyanim of all denominations, day and congregational schools, a full-service Jewish Community Center and kosher restaurants.
The area has a higher percentage of Jewish children than Montgomery County or Greater Philadelphia overall. The Kehillah of Lower Merion is unique in its collaborative activities for all ages; recent examples include a community selichot observance, a lively Pajamarama program for preschoolers, “The 3rd Act: Aging with Grit and Humor” theater presentation for older adults, and a community Purim Carnival for families of all ages.
For more information about Lower Merion neighborhood programs, contact email@example.com.
Check back for upcoming events.
SYNAGOGUES & ORGANIZATIONS
- Adath Israel
- Beth David Reform Congregation
- Chabad Lubavitch of the Main Line
- Chabad of Penn Wynne
- Congregation Beth Am Israel
- Congregation Beth Hamedrosh
- Congregation Shireinu
- Family Matters Network
- Golden Slipper Gems
- Har Zion Temple
- Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
- JEVS Human Services
- JFCS The Barbara and Harvey Brodsky Enrichment Center
- Kaiserman JCC
- Kohelet Yeshiva
- Lower Merion Synagogue
- Main Line Reform Temple – Beth Elohim
- The Mesivta High School of Greater Philadelphia
- Narberth Havurah
- Or Zarua
- Perelman Jewish Day School
- Sha’arei Orah
- Temple Beth Hillel-Beth El
- Young Israel of the Main Line