The Lower Merion Kehillah is a vibrant alliance of Jewish organizations, synagogues, community volunteers and representatives located outside Philadelphia, in the Main Line district.
Kehillah means community, and it is the goal of the Lower Merion Kehillah to create inspired Jewish connections, programming and diverse offerings for anyone that wants to engage. There is something for everyone in Lower Merion!
For more information about the Lower Merion neighborhood programs, reach out to Noah Schoenberg at email@example.com.
About the Lower Merion Kehillah
As part of the Jewish Federation, the Lower Merion Kehillah:
- Serves individuals and families both connected to organized Jewish institutions and those who are underserved or disconnected
- Strengthens relationships among institutions and synagogues within the community
- Creates a pipeline of communication and leadership development from a grassroots level to the work of the Jewish Federation
Check back soon for upcoming events!
Our participating organizations include synagogues and congregations, cultural, educational, and nonprofit initiatives. The participating institutions are known as the coalition. Our geographic region stretches from Wynnewood to Wayne, and everything in between.
Kehillah of Lower Merion offers a slate of communal gatherings including holiday programming, social action/mitzvah work and philanthropic opportunities to its constituents.
Recent examples include a community Selichot program, Our Closet In Your Neighborhood through JFCS and a rally for Israel at the Kaiserman JCC. We also hold regular coalition meetings for our organizational representatives.
Get in touch with us to find out more about the Lower Merion Kehillah! We’d love to hear from you.
SYNAGOGUES & ORGANIZATIONS
- Adath Israel
- Aish Chaim
- Beth David Reform Congregation
- Chabad Lubavitch of the Main Line
- Chabad of Penn Wynne
- Congregation Beth Am Israel
- Congregation Beth Hamedrosh
- Congregation Shireinu
- Family Matters Network
- Golden Slipper Gems
- Har Zion Temple
- Israeli American Council Philadelphia (IAC)
- Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
- JEVS Human Services
- JFCS The Barbara and Harvey Brodsky Enrichment Center
- Kaiserman JCC
- Kohelet Yeshiva
- Lower Merion Synagogue
- Main Line Reform Temple – Beth Elohim
- The Mesivta High School of Greater Philadelphia
- Narberth Havurah
- Or Zarua
- Perelman Jewish Day School
- Sha’arei Orah
- Temple Beth Hillel-Beth El
- Young Israel of the Main Line