The Old York Road Corridor is home to a Jewishly diverse, warm, close knit community with many options to engage.
ABOUT OLD YORK ROAD KEHILLAH
The OYR Kehillah includes the people and institutions along Old York Road (Route 611) of Cheltenham, Jenkintown, Abington, Huntingdon Valley and beyond. Over 25,000 Jews support this neighborhood.
Old York Road Community Hanukkah Lighting
Baederwood Shoppes on the Fairway in Jenkintown, PA
Tuesday, November 30, 2021 | 5:00 p.m.
Join us for a festive outside candle lighting! Our Old York Road cantors will light up the night with Hanukkah songs, and there will be a gift for adults and kids who register before Sunday, November 28. The rain date for this event is Wednesday, December 1. Please add your email when registering, so we can contact you in case of inclement weather. Click here to register.
Jewish Camping Info Session
Option 1: Monday, January 3 | 7:00 p.m.
Option 2: Thursday, January 13 | 12:00 p.m.
Join us for a virtual presentation on Jewish Summer Camp. Learn about funding for first-time campers, financial aid, choosing the best camp for your child and more. We will provide this session two times, so please select the date that works best for you. To register for the January 3rd session, please click here. To register for the January 13th session, please click here.
Kotel Messages for a New Year
Start off your new year in a very special way. Write a small note or prayer and drop it off at a local OYR synagogue or do it electronically before Wednesday. December 29 and it will be put in the Kotel (Western Wall) in 2022! Click here to learn more and to send an electronic message.
LEARN ABOUT THE OLD YORK ROAD CORRIDOR
In early 2020 Jewish Federation released our once-in-a-decade population study. Click here for a recording of a presentation about what this study revealed about the Jewish community of Old York Road. To learn more about all population study findings, visit www.communityportrait.org.
Do you want to get more involved? We would love to have your volunteer energy! Contact Kim Decker at oldyorkroad@kehillah.
IN THE NEWS
Click below to see what our community’s been up to:
- Vaccinated In The Same Synagogue Where We Were Married 58 Years Ago: Inside Our Vaccine Clinic
- Saving the World One Shot at a Time: The Jewish Federation Organizes Vaccine Clinic
- Why Young Jews Are Flocking to Farming
- Jewish Philly Celebrates Shavuot Online
- Getting Ready To Celebrate Israel72
- Kehillah Fall Sunday Soccer Coaches Train With Eastern Penn. Youth Soccer
- Soccer League Creates Bonds in Elkins Park
- Synagogues of Old York Road Donate Ambulance
Old York Road KEHILLAH SYNAGOGUES AND ORGANIZATIONS
To ensure a vibrant Jewish community in our area, the OYR Kehillah partners with a diverse group of Jewish institutions.
- Abramson Homecare
- American Associates of Ben Gurion University
- Beth Sholom Congregation
- BBYO Liberty Region
- Chabad Israeli Center
- Chabad Lubavitch Jewish Center of Abington
- Congregation Adath Jeshurun
- Congregation Kol Ami
- Forman Center of Raymond and Ruth Perelman Jewish Day School
- FELS Elkins Park
- Gratz College
- Hebrew Free Loan Society
- Jewish Community High School of Gratz College
- Jewish Genealogical and Archival Society of Greater Philadelphia
- Jewish Learning Venture
- JJBL Junior Jewish Basketball League
- Kehillah Fall Sunday Soccer
- Kleinlife Active Adult Life in Montgomery County
- Liberty Region BBYO
- Melrose B’nai Israel Emanu-El
- Mesivta Yesodei Yisroel of Elkins Park
- Mikveh of Elkins Park
- Mizrach USY
- Moving Traditions
- Old York Road Temple-Beth Am
- OROT Program
- Perelman Jewish Day School
- Ramah Day Camp
- Reconstructing Judaism
- Reform Congregation Keneseth Israel
- Roling’s Bakery
- Samuel Green House/Federation Housing
- Victor Center/Einstein Hospital
- Young Israel of Elkins Park
- YUP Youth Ultimate Frisbee Program