As of February 18, 2022
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s (“Jewish Federation’s”) core values include an abiding commitment to a secure, and vibrant Jewish community here and abroad, to Eretz Yisrael the Jewish State of Israel, and to Derech Eretz mutual respect and diversity for all. Consistent with its core values of Klal Israel, Jewish Federation supports a full spectrum of organizations that sustain and grow our community through pluralistic expressions and wide-ranging perspectives that affirm a broad and inclusive tent vital to a strong and dynamic Jewish community.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia expects all people, agencies, and organizations visiting the Jewish Federation’s campuses, participating in or contributing to events or providing goods or services to the Jewish Federation or any of its agencies to adhere to this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct strictly prohibits all the following:
- Any expression or activity denying Israel’s right to exist as a secure, democratic Jewish state, including
- support for or participation in the BDS (Boycott, Divest, Sanction) movement.
- Any political or religious agenda whose core values and strategies include antagonizing Jewish communal
- Displaying or carrying any placard, sign, or banner that advocates any political or religious agenda which is prohibited by this Code of Conduct.
- Using abusive language or gestures.
- Being under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Possessing dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a visitor, fellow participant, staff member or volunteer.
- Disruptive or disorderly conduct including verbal, physical or visual harassment.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any visitor, participant, staff member or volunteer.
- Destroying, defacing, damaging, or removing property.
- Taking photographs for advertising or any other commercial purpose without the express written permission of an authorized representative of the Jewish Federation.
Any visitor, invitee, participant, volunteer or staff member who violates, or is suspected of violating, this Code of Conduct is subject to sanction or discipline, up to and including removal from the campus, venue or program and may be banned from participation in any future Jewish Federation event or program. In circumstances of illegal activity, local law enforcement will be notified.