At Jewish camp, ruach (spirit) is part of every activity—from dancing to hitting a home run—allowing campers to explore their connection to the Jewish community while having the summer of their lives.
There are a number of fantastic regional overnight camps to choose from. Sending your kids to any one of these camps will create life-long friendships with other kids from the Greater Philadelphia area. Camp is a world of growth and discovery, in which campers are bunkmates and team players, artists and athletes, creative problem-solvers and blossoming leaders. At camp, children develop independence and communication skills they will use throughout the rest of their lives.
Why Jewish Camp?
- Camp is exciting! Your kids will have the summer of their lives while also developing values like independence, friendship, community, inclusion, and tradition.
- Jewish camp is packed with action! Activities include archery, art, boating, basketball, cooking, filmmaking, rock climbing and much more — everything a kid could want.
- Camp promotes your child’s individual growth! At camp, kids have cool Jewish role models in an enriching Jewish environment. Staff members inspire confidence and independence.
- The impact of overnight Jewish camp is immediate and lasting! Studies show that children who go to Jewish camp are more likely to grow into adults who value their heritage, are engaged in their communities and support more causes throughout their lives.
- Campers become leaders! Camp activities emphasize independence, communication, problem solving, collaboration, and leadership.
- There’s a Jewish camp for everyone! No matter your background, there’s a Jewish camp where your child will have fun, be comfortable, learn more about themselves, and explore their Jewish identity.
Finding the right camp
You can start by looking at our area’s Big 6 Jewish Camps.
Looking for more options? The Foundation for Jewish Camp provides a handy tool to find the right camp for your family.