The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) is the central community relations and government affairs arm of the Jewish community. As a department of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, the JCRC leads, convenes, educates and advocates on behalf of Jewish interests and local, national and international public policy issues.Through its activities, JCRC seeks to improve intergroup understanding and advance a just and pluralistic society. The JCRC is seeking a Program Associate to work closely with JCRC’s Director and in collaboration with other departments of the Jewish Federation and other community organizations to design, coordinate and implement programming to support the mission of JCRC.
Major responsibilities Include
Under the direction and guidance of the JCRC Director, partnering with Jewish community agencies and representatives of other civic and religious communities to plan programming that supports the mission of the JCRC; programming will focus on
- Deepening and developing an understanding of the State of Israel
- Responding to anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism
- Building relationships between the Jewish community and other faith and ethnic communities
- Keeping the memory of the Holocaust alive and working with partner agencies to help carry out Holocaust education programs
- Engaging in public policy and governmental advocacy on local, national and international issues; and promoting social and racial justice
- Working with Jewish Federation’s departments and staff to plan and manage the logistics of multiple programs and projects at various stages including identifying program participants, developing promotional materials and digital communications, managing budgets, administering evaluations, and monitoring deliverables
- Staffing committees and working responsively with lay leaders and volunteers
- Ensuring that all projects and programs are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Staffing new projects of importance to JCRC and the Jewish Federation as assigned
Successful Candidates Will Possess the Following Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, an understanding of the importance of attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
- Proven ability to plan and execute educational and community programs
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions based on intellectual knowledge about the public policy issues of concern to JCRC and the Jewish Federation A personal commitment to increasing understanding of the Jewish Community and the State of Israel and promoting civic engagement and social and racial justice through continued learning and professional development in relevant areas of expertise
- BA/BS required; 2+ years professional experience in a relevant field strongly preferred
- The ability to work occasional evenings and Sundays, access to a car or other means of transportation preferred.
If this is the right fit for you, let’s connect!
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter, detailing your qualifications and salary requirements to email@example.com
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a hybrid work schedule, medical, dental, vision, prescription drug program, life insurance, generous paid time off and 403 retirement savings program.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.