The Center City Kehillah is a network of communities representing the diversity of Jewish life in urban Philadelphia.
About the Kehillah of CENTER CITY
As a hub for Jewish life, we strengthen individual and communal connections by creating both accessible entry points and in-depth opportunities to grow. Our participating organizations include synagogues and congregations; cultural, educational, and social justice institutions; and nonprofit initiatives. Our geographic region includes Center City, South Philly, West Philly, and Northwest Philly.
Our annual events include a Chanukah candle lighting in Rittenhouse Square and a Jewish Night of Learning for Shavuot as well as monthly professional development opportunities for our organizational representatives. We build relationships between institutions and individuals, plan collaborative programming, and assist individuals looking to connect with the community. We also provide ongoing opportunities for community members to share resources, make new connections, and learn about each other’s experiences.
For more information, visit us at CenterCityJews.org.
Cemetery Cleanup at Har Nebo
Sunday, October 17 | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
6061 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19149
Come do a mitzvah! Volunteer with your community and help cleanup Har Nebo, one of the region’s oldest and largest cemeteries. We will close with a memorial service to honor all of those buried at Har Nebo. Volunteer opportunities include: raking, picking up trash and clipping overgrown vines. Click here to register.
cENTER CITY SYNAGOGUES AND ORGANIZATIONS
- B’nai Abraham Chabad
- Congregation Leyv Ha-Ir – Heart of the City
- Congregation Mikveh Israel
- Congregation Rodeph Shalom
- Congregation Shivtei Yeshuron Ezras Israel – the Little Shul
- Feinstein Center for American Jewish History at Temple University
- Female Hebrew Benevolent Society
- Germantown Jewish Centre
- Gershman Philadelphia Jewish Film Festival
- Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies, University of Pennsylvania
- Heymish Minyan
- Hillel’s Jewish Graduate Student Network
- JEVS Human Services
- Jewish Children’s Folkshul and Adult Community
- KleinLife: Center City
- Kol Tzedek
- Makom Community
- Mekom Torah
- Mekor Habracha/Center City Synagogue
- Minyan Tikvah
- Mishkan Shalom
- Moishe House Philadelphia
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Neshama Hadassah
- P’nai Or
- Society Hill Synagogue
- South Philadelphia Shtiebel
- Spruce Street Minyan
- Tackling Torah
- Temple Beth Zion-Beth Israel
- Tribe 12