The Center City Kehillah is a network of communities representing the diversity of Jewish life in urban Philadelphia. As a hub for Jewish life, we strengthen individual and communal connections by creating both accessible entry points and in-depth opportunities to grow. Our participating organizations include synagogues and congregations; cultural, educational, and social justice institutions; and nonprofit initiatives.
We understand that our Center City Kehillah organizations range in size, financial capacity, and volunteer resources. If your organization is interested in being involved in building Jewish community across organizational affiliation, please join this network as a participating organization! Participating Organizations agree to uphold our mission statement (see above) and are approved under the guidance of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia and Center City Kehillah leadership.
- Are Jewish organizations with a majority of their time, presence, and constituents based in Center City (defined as including South Philly, West Philly, Germantown, and Chestnut Hill). Partnerships with other organizations are evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Will be considered as a partner of Center City Kehillah events, unless an organization chooses to opt out for a particular event.
- Commit to the following:
- Building relationships with staff, clergy, and lay leaders from other Center City organizations.
- Referring constituents to other organizations, as appropriate.
- Contributing energy and resources to planning and promoting Kehillah-sponsored events.
- Selecting a representative who will attend regular meetings on a consistent basis.
- Participating in working groups, event committees, and/or Kehillah leadership.
hOW TO BECOME A PARTNER
To become a participating organization, you agree to these guidelines and are approved under the guidance of Kehillah leadership. For more information, contact Center City Kehillah Director Noah Schoenberg at email@example.com.